STUDIO ROOM 8 (second floor)
About the Lesson Plan Writing Competition:
Plan to learn! There is an art and science to teaching. Educators plan and prepare effective instruction and develop a delivery that engages learning – it is the heart of the work of all educators. This competition challenges Educators Rising students to create a lesson plan based on an education subject of their choice.
- Up to three students per program may participate in this event. Students may partner with one additional student for the lesson plan competition.
- Students must submit a registration form and a completed lesson plan to the conference coordinators by April 4, 2017.
- There will not be enough time to teach the lesson, so please present a summarized version of the lesson only. Students should be prepared to speak on what steps they would take to teach the lesson. The complete lesson plan presentation should be no more than 10 minutes long.
- Students must provide lesson plan outlines for the judges.
- The use of visuals is recommended. Students are encouraged to bring in materials that would aid them in explaining the process of creating their lesson.
The lesson plan may be written for one of the following grade levels:
- Middle School
The lesson can be written for any of the following subject areas:
- English Language Arts
- Social Studies (History/American Government/Economics)
Please click here for complete rules and guidelines for this competition.