About the Essay Competition:
The purpose of the essay competition is to provide students an opportunity to explore what they are passionate or curious about and express their personal views about a current educational topic via written format.
- Entries are limited to five (5) entries per school/student group.
- Students will write an essay using one of three given topics. One topic will be for seniors only.
- Students entering the essay competition MUST be registered and present at the conference in order to participate.
- Perseverance is a steady effort to maintain a course of action, purpose, or belief, often in spite of difficulty. Write a speech for a school assembly about the meaning of perseverance as it applies to personal success.
- Mobile phones are both a boon and a bane for high school students. On the one hand, it puts you in touch with the world, on the other, it discourages real face-to-face interaction. Write a paper that explores both the pros and cons of mobile phone usage among teenagers.
- What are some qualities of a good leader? What can you learn from the examples of great leaders of the past? What qualities would you suggest that your peers build upon? (Seniors only)
Please click here for complete rules and guidelines for this competition.