STUDIO ROOMS 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 (second floor)
About the Employability Skills Competition:
The purpose of the Employability Skills competition is to enable students to demonstrate their ability to secure employment through proficiency in the job application and interview process. Students will compete for a simulated job opening by developing a letter of application and a resume. Students that successfully complete and submit their letter of application and resume will be asked to participate in a mock employment interview.
There will be three phases of competition within the Employability Skills competition; Letter of Application & Resume, Application (please see application links at bottom of page), and Interview. To determine an overall winner, the first place winner from each phase of round one will advance to the next phase, which will include a second interview. There will be one overall winner per interview room. The score for determining the overall winner will include points from the letter of application and resume, application and interview.
For this competition students may apply for any of the listed positions at the MORE than FABB Department Store (click on job title for description):
- Cashiers, Returns & Customer Service
- Sporting Goods
- Shoe Store Sales Associate
- Apparel Associate (Men’s/Women’s/Boys/Girls Apparel)
- MORE than FABB Pizzeria Cook or Server
The NWSISD Education Center (click on job title for description):
- Library Assistant
- After-School Activities Assistant
- Reading Tutor
- Competitors may submit an application for any of the positions available at the MORE than FABB Department Store or the NWSISD Education Center.
- Applications must be submitted no later than April 4, 2017.
- On conference day, applicants interested in posted positions will bring with them: a letter of application and a resume in a folder. These need to be turned in to the Employability Skills receptionist upon arrival at the designated Employability Skills Competition area.
- The score for determining the overall winner will include points from the letter of application and resume, and interview.
- First, second and third place winners will be announced during the closing session of the Student Leadership Conference.
Please click here for complete rules and guidelines for this competition.
Click here for:
MORE than FABB Employment Application (pdf version – please print)
NWSISD Education Center Employment Application (pdf version – please print)
Please submit all applications to J. Ayenna Davis at email@example.com.