About the College/Career Exploration Competition:
Excited about a particular college? What would make a student want to attend a certain college or university? What about that dream job? How can you make it a reality? Here is your chance to share these opportunities with your peers.
Each competitor will develop a visual display (tri-fold board, power-point, weebly, video, etc.) through an artistic medium. Students will express ideas that highlight the benefits of a particular school of focus OR the steps needed to enter a chosen career. The purpose of the College/Career Exploration Competition is to encourage students to research and analyze information about a specific college/university or career.
Students are allowed to partner with one more person for this competition.
- The visual display must be presented by the competitor who created the display with only one college/university or career to be presented.
- The visual display should be completed prior to the competition. You will have fifteen (15) minutes to assemble the visual display when you arrive.
- 68 Competitors will be assigned a time to present. A five (5) minute prepared presentation is required. Presentations must include the relationship of students’ interests, aptitudes and abilities to the chosen college/university or career. Judges will rate the overall display based on:
- How well the information was documented,
- The presenter’s ability to communicate information,
- The display’s focus area.
- The competitor will be asked a minimum of three (3) questions which will take approximately five (5) minutes.
A completed College/Career Exploration Entry Form MUST be submitted to the Student Leadership Conference coordinators by April 13, 2018.
Please click HERE for complete rules and guidelines for this competition.