VIKING LOUNGE (ground floor)
About the College Exploration Competition:
Excited about a particular college? What would make a student want to attend a certain college or university? Market this opportunity to others!
The competitor will develop a visual display (tri-fold board, power-point, weebly, video, etc.) through an artistic medium. Students will express ideas that highlight the benefits of a particular school of focus. The purpose of the College Exploration Competition is to encourage students to research and analyze information about a specific college or university.
- The visual display must be presented by the competitor who created the display with only one college or university to be presented.
- The visual display should be completed prior to the competition. You will have fifteen (15) minutes to assemble the visual display when you arrive.
- Competitors will be assigned a time to present. A five (5) minute prepared presentation is required. Presentations must include the relationship of students’ interests, aptitudes and abilities to the chosen college/university. Judges will rate the overall display based on:
- How well the information was documented,
- The presenter’s ability to communicate information,
- The display’s focus area.
- The competitor will be asked a minimum of three (3) questions which will take approximately five (5) minutes.
A completed College Exploration Entry Form MUST be submitted to the Student Leadership Conference coordinators by April 4, 2017.
Please click here for complete rules and guidelines for this competition.